Reading Notes Part A: Twenty-Two Goblins

These stories interested me and intrigues me for sure. I was excited about the creepiness of the first couple stories. After about the first three stories, the stories that the Goblin told were a little less entertaining. I was less engaged to them then at the beginning. I enjoyed the stories about having to choose between the head of your brother or the head of your husband and with the bodies. I even asked people at work which option they would choose if they had to. If I were to rewrite this part of the story, I would make the other stories more interesting by adding a little more gore or strange events that people would not know how to choose from. The last story about the wives did not have a purpose that made sense to me. Unless part B has something that ties all of part A’s stories together, I am quite lost on the purpose of choosing from all the stories. Although I did agree with the majority of the decisions that the kind made.

I am looking forward to what is to come in part B. I hope that it gets more exciting and gives a purpose to all of these stories. I very much enjoyed the fact that he had to cut the dead body down from the tree before every story. It was creepy that the first time, the body laughed. I was intrigued. I would like to make this story a little more twisted.

Twenty-Two Goblins by Arthur W. Ryder, Link to the story here



The Goblin King

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction a horror fanatic

Week 7 Story: Love is in the Air