Famous Last Words: Surviving Midterms

I would not say I survived midterms, but it will get better. This week I did not read part B of my story, but I intend to use it for the extra credit reading next week. I wanted to see how “Twenty-Two Goblins” tied all the stories together and why he kept making him choose which option was best. I failed a little this week and did not get as many assignments as I wanted done. I am trying to manage my time better. I have two jobs and I go to school full time. It just is a constant struggle. I know others have it worse, but every perspective is different and an acorn can be a giant to someone else. I read quite a few stories that were very well written. I was engaged and interested in how the stories were going to tie themselves up at the end. I am amazed at some of the talent that is in the class. I have not creatively written since either my freshman year in college or back in high school, which was anywhere from six to eight years ago. It is hard going from business writing back to creative writing. Descriptive words were not in my business vocabulary when it came to writing stories or essays. My other classes are not doing very well at the moment. I had a close family member pass and catching up on the last month of school is very hard in accounting. I am doing my best, but so far, I am really struggling. A couple teachers are trying to help and I appreciate it so much. Outside of school, I just have work and homework currently. Fright Fest has started up again, so I am scaring on the weekends. I have one day off a week to completely dedicate myself to homework. I realize I need to make some time in-between responsibilities to study more. I will get there. I have faith. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction a horror fanatic

Week 7 Story: Love is in the Air