Reading Notes Part A: Japanese Fairy Tales (Ozaki) unit

Japanese Fairy Tales by Yei Theodora Ozaki Link to story here


The Dragon King
If I were to use the first story, “The Lord Bag of Rice”, I could make the Dragon King a woman. This would add a love aspect and make her a damsel in distress. Instead of the gifts being these amazing things, I could make one of them have poison in it. The Dragon King can be a wolf in sheep’s clothing. She could also be able to transform into other things so she can fool men. I want to make her like a siren. 

There are many ideas that I could use for the second one. I like stories where characters are born from tragedy. This gives them an underdog quality. Kintaro uses animals as his servants and I think he uses them as friends too. He seems to be as strong as Hercules and nice also. I could possibly make this a crossover between Hercules and Cinderella with all the animals. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction a horror fanatic

Week 7 Story: Love is in the Air